Agreed. FWIW my DC's are also DHCP servers in all my small biz (2 server)
environments.

Dave

From: John Hornbuckle [mailto:john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 9:13 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Server OS opinion

I may be missing something, but that article didn't convince me.

It says: "...[I]f you're running your DHCP server on a domain controller then
an attacker who compromises your DHCP server gains access to your accounts
database and can cause all sorts of further problems."

That's true, but that's a big "if." Is this something that's known to happen on
a regular enough basis to be a concern? Or is the logic that the attack surface
of a DC should be minimized by running absolutely nothing else on it?

John Hornbuckle
MIS Department
Taylor County School District
318 North Clark Street