From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 1:15 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Prevent mods to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run

Is there a GPO way to prevent something from modifying this registry key? If I
could prevent that and stuff from auto-populating the \Startup folder for "all
users" I would be a happy camper.

Tools like Spybot can do it, but that's not enterprise grade (read, centrally
manageable). McAfee has a product that can do it - and we even have it and are
licensed for it, but it's interface is so atrocious I'd probably nuke half my
systems just attempting it.

I'm looking for something other than "not local admin".
David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 971.222.1025 // (Cell) 503.267.9764