It has been our experience that while the technical issues of MAC's
can be resolved, most issues come from the MAC users themselves.
Having got themselves a little exception to the overall IT policy,
they will often refuse to play nice with things like storing files on
network shares which are backed up.  Consume support resources with
their custom needs the drain your teams time.  Make constant snide
comments about Windows and support and get really irritable when you
produce the article clearly showing it was a MAC issue.

The last time we looked at 'some groups' needs, there were Windows
versions of all the applications available but they were able to
maintain their separate resource stance.  Of course we were all
sympathy when they lost a major amount of data do to their refusal to
play nice with corporate IT policy.

Of course, I may be biased.

Steven