We are looking to implement some more secure password policies (mainly to
stop users using *Password1* for everything). Whilst I appreciate that
education is required, my boss is advocating some password policy
enforcement software and has come up with this

http://www.anixis.com/products/ppe/default.htm

Does anyone have any experience of this, or similar products, and how useful
are they? Will 2008 AD offer anything better (I am aware it supports
multiple password policies)? Are there any other things we could be doing to
enforce better password security (I have proposed the idea of the Minimum
Password Age, and have mentioned smart cards, but am on the lookout for
anything useful)

As always, TIA,

JRR