Sounds like that could be an IE zone setting?  Has the IP address been added to
their IE Trusted or Local Intranet zone, but the server name has not been added?

-Bonnie

From: Eustace "Doc" [mailto:mailed2thew...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 2:14 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Sharepoint assistance needed...

I may be missing something simple, but it's got me bagged.

 *   Sharepoint Server 2.0
 *   Only the default site is enabled.
 *   Users from another domain are accessing the web site and after getting
authenticated,
 *   When they use the server name they keep getting prompted for
authentication no matter where they go on the site.
 *   If they user the IP address they do NOT get prompted again for
authentication.
Is it a DNS issue? If so what?

Thanks in advance,
DOC