Absolutely no help, but fwiw I have seen this to. The user in question would be
Completely incapable of logging into the server in question as well...
jlc

-----Original Message-----
From: jesse-r...@wi.rr.com [mailto:jesse-r...@wi.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:45 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: strange profiles on server

Bit perplexed with this one.

On one of my domain controllers which is used by approximately 2,000 users,
there is a partial profile in the documents and settings directory.  The
user does not have access to the server.  I have double checked user
permissions and the default domain controller policy.  User has no
privilege to logon locally (interactive) or logon through terminal server.
I also verified the user had no elevated access assigned to him (no domain
admins, etc.)  At the day/time the profile was created (based on the time
stamps), the Security Log does NOT show a local logon (interactice) or a
logon through terminal server session.  It only shows a 'network' conection
which is from drive mappings, etc. , the same logon type as all other users
on the network.

On the server's documenets and settings directory, the user's profile is
NOT the same as what you normally see when logging into to the server.  The
profile contains ONLY the Application Data and Local Settings direction,
all the other directories are missing.  There is also a NTUSER.DAT and
NTUSER.LOG file.

It seems like an anomoly or something to me.  Based on access rights,
security logs, etc. and testing done, the user does NOT have access to
logon to this server.  So, how did this "incomplete" user profile get
created?   Seems odd.

Thoughts welcome.

mail2web.com - What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?