On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Gavin Wilby <gavin.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon all - and happy bank holidays!

  Happy Mailman Day!  ;-)

> There is a policy that should make all the PC's screensavers kick in after
> 10 minutes and then lock the machine, but its not working, I assume there is
> something preventing the machine from allowing this to happen ...

  Have you checked the client to make sure the GPO actually got
applied?  Open up Display Properties, check the Screen Saver tab -- it
should show what's actually in effect.  If you've removed the Screen
Saver tab via GP, check GPRESULT (command line) or RSOP.MSC (GUI).

  FWIW and FYI: I recently got a fancy Logitech mouse for my desktop.
USB cord, not wireless.  After I installed the "SetPoint" software,
the screen saver stopped kicking in after my timeout.  I toggled the
screen saver off and on again in Display Properties, and it started
worked again.

-- Ben