"....However, when you compare the number of virii and other types of
malware that affect Windows versus those that affect Mac OS X, it is a drop
in the ocean....."

"....but it is disingenous to suggest that there is some equivalency in the
threats against Windows and Mac OS X....."

If you compare the marketshare held by PCs (89.6% in November 2008) vs. Mac
OS (9.63% in December 2008), the equivalency may be more apparent. I'm not
experienced enough with OS X to determine whether or not it is as
vulnerable/more secure than Windows. However, it's hard to ignore the fact
those folks with malicious intent or going to focus their efforts where the
most harm can be done.

- Sean