From: Graeme Carstairs [mailto:loonyto...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 4:40 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Monitoring Remotely

We use hounddog. They provide a central hosted monitoring agents on
client servers or desktops. Dashboard and email alerts etc , can
config 5 10 or 15 min checks throughout the day. Plus seperate daily
checks for av backup disk space etc. They are constantly adding new
features like service start asset checks etc

They are Dundee based but I cannot remember there ful URL

Graeme

On 02/05/2009, Benjamin Zachary - Lists <li...@levelfive.us> wrote:
> I have been using Servers Alive for a lot of my clients who I monitor
their
> lan. However, its getting a little large and tedious to go in and out of
> remote clients and I was hoping for like a more centralized solution.
>

> The newest Servers Alive has a remote agent that talks over ssh that Im
> about to test, but was wondering if anyone else knew of something similar.
>

> Basically I would like to monitor cpu/ram/disk/a few services, and maybe
> event log would be nice. However, if the internet goes down I would like
the
> central unit to determine that first (something that servers alive *does*
> but mostly for the LAN so far).
>

> Right now I simply ping and/or port test remotely and then SA runs
> internally so I have it covered but its too much at this point to manage
> effectively.
>

> Thanks

Good news everyone, you have just received and e-mail from me!