On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Sam Cayze <sam.ca...@rollouts.com> wrote:
> Is it normal practice of the ISP to have the customer hire and pay for a
> 3-party technician to run a feed from the DMARC (basement) to our
> office/rack area?

  In most US jurisdictions, the LEC (Local Exchange Carrier, i.e.,
telco) is responsible for bringing the loop to the MPOE (Minimum Point
of Entry).  The MPOE is a central, shared location, and as the name
implies, as little in to the building as possible.  Beyond the MPOE,
it's CPW (Customer Premises Wiring).  You're responsible for CPW.
This is generally built into the regulatory structure, so it's not
something the LEC can give you a choice on, even if they wanted to
(but they generally don't want to, since they'd rather charge you
extra).  You can pay the LEC to do CPW for you, but they're almost
always more expensive than an independent contractor.

-- Ben