From: Alverson, Tom (Xetron) [mailto:tom.alver...@ngc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:27 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Print Server default all users to duplex?

I am trying to make the default settings for printers on my Windows 2003
print server set for duplex and B&W (on color printers) for cost
savings.  I know this had worked once in the past when I changed the
"printing preferences" on the print server, but I was using a "standard"
print driver at the time.  Now I have switched to the HP and Xerox
"Universal" print drivers and neither one seems to push those defaults
to new clients who attach to those print queues.  Is there some other
way I should be setting these defaults?

Tom