As I understand it from a neighbor using Alltel they were recently purchased
by Verizon and the Alltel TV adds have changed to not have the Verizon guy
in with the others which seems to bare that out.  I have used Verizon,
Alltel, and AT&T of the three Verizon has been the best over the widest
area.  If my SO and I were only local to Central Florida then Alltel was
better but get out of the home area and they were spotty.  AT&T would drop
if you looked at the phone wrong.

Jon