Hi,

I have a small network, on two sites.

The main site (site 1) is a SBS2003 server, the other site (site 2) is a
Windows 2000 server acting as a Domain Controller.

The sites are in two subnets, defined within the Sites and Services.

Both are connected by a site-to-site VPN.

Everything is Ok with them but Im having an odd issue with UNC paths.

If I go from site 1 to \\server2000 <file://server2000/> it all works OK.

If i go from site 2 to \\sbs <file://sbs/> I get an error,
\\sbs<file://sbs/>is not accessable - logon failure, the target
account name is incorrect.

If I go from site 2 to \\192.168.23.1 <file://192.168.23.1/> (ip address of
\\sbs <file://sbs/>) it all works OK.

I can ping both server successfully by name.

I dont know what, or why this issue has occured. The other odd thing is that
the DNS, although being in AD is about 5 serial numbers out from the SBS
server.
 Ideas guys please - this is causing me a right headache.

--
Gavin Wilby,
Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavin_wilby