Call Microsoft licensing.

CFee

________________________________

From: Glen Johnson [mailto:gjohn...@vhcc.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 9:01 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: OEM to VLK

Anyone know if the only way to change keys is to do a repair install on
server 2003.

I've got some dell servers with oem keys that I want to convert to
virtual.

The conversion goes ok, but when I boot the virtual, it wants to
re-activate windows.  OEM key wont activate since it is no longer on
dell hardware and vlk wont for whatever reason.

I found a link from googling that said to copy the I386 folder to the
server and run the winnt32.exe and do a repair install.

Anyone done that and had success?

Any tips appreciated.