We deal with patents, trade secerts and other restricted information and our
legal people told us to not even think of going that way.  Google has not
yet satified them that they can or willl keep what is ours off the Internet
and safe.  It is fine for the students to use (the University went that way
for them) but all staff and I would guess anyone dealing with information
from grants or other non-public information were told the same as us stay on
in-house mail servers.  Believe me our Mac user hated being told he could
not use GMail for his primary mail server.

Jon