Just because you want it, doesn't mean it's doable.

Carl's right... you need some sort of service to trigger this as an
event.

-sc

From: Ben Nordlander [mailto:bennordlan...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 1:37 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Create Rule to notify when a daily email doesn't show in my
inbox/folder

but that is exactly what i'm looking for. a method to detect an absence
of an email. I can't be the only dude in town that has this need heh.

-BenN

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Carl Houseman <c.house...@gmail.com>
wrote:

A rule requires an inbound message to trigger it.  The absence of a
message can't cause a rule to fire.  You'll need to create a separate
watchguard system to monitor the legacy system and send an E-mail if the
legacy system hasn't done what it's supposed to do.  And then, if the
watchguard system isn't reliable, you'll have to create a watchguard for
the watchguard, and then, ...

Carl