CRAC's are big, noisy and blow a lot of things around if it's not
secured......and keeps the humidity levels stable.

When ours was installed a couple of years ago, I was doing some serious
praying...we didn't know for sure that it would roll across our raised floor
without collapsing it, and that would have been very bad.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Ben Scott <mailvor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jun, 2009 at 16:59, tvanderk...@expl.com wrote:
> >> The part that I find most admins miss in the specs mentioned is the
> >> humidity.  When you are running the A/C in a room almost constantly the
> >> humidity tends to drop fairly quickly.  ...  I have seen plenty of
> > servers over the years taken out by a static charge.
>
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 8:34 AM, paul chinnery <pdw1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > We have ours around 65 and 50 for humidity.
>
>   I've been told that the primary difference between a regular air
> conditioner and a CRAC (computer room air conditioner) is that a CRAC
> is designed to lower the temperature while keeping the humidity at a
> more suitable level.
>
> -- Ben

Sherry Abercrombie

Arthur C. Clarke