Why don't you export the contacts to a file, do a find and replace, and
import them back.

CFee

________________________________

From: Joe Heaton [mailto:jhea...@etp.ca.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 2:08 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Cross Post: Help! User Error!

Outlook 2k3

Exchange 2k3

I have a user, who has hundreds of contacts in her Outlook.  She's new
to our agency, and we imported her contacts from her previous job.  She
says that her Blackberry didn't have issues dialing these numbers, but
that her Samsung Saga WM device does.  When I investigated, the issue is
that a lot of the phone numbers in her contacts were input as XXX
/XXX-XXXX.  The Samsung doesn't like the forward slash, so when she
tries to dial these numbers, it dials the area code only.  I proved that
the slash is the issue, by having her fix one number, and try it, and lo
and behold, the phone dials the full number.

My question:  Is there a tool, script, whatever, that I can have her
use, to go through her contacts, and replace the forward slash with a
dash?  She already has a bad view of WM, and I need to get a solution
for her fairly quickly.

I can't even prove or disprove that the Blackberry can or can't dial a
number in the format XXX /XXX-XXXX.  If someone else could try it and
let me know, I'd personally appreciate it, even though I can't go back
to her and tell her she's full of it or not...

Joe Heaton

AISA

Employment Training Panel

1100 J Street, 4th Floor