http://www.amazon.com/Virtualization-Dummies-Computer-Tech/dp/0470148314

-----Original Message-----
From: aci [mailto:tkcont...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:17 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Dying XP workstations - what are my virtualization options

Inheriting some very problematic XP workstations with embedded applications
that have no way of being migrated and need to be preserved. I would like to
make a recommendation to run these as virtualized workstations on a spare
server that I have the option of dedicating for this task. Outside of the
hardware, what virtualization software will I need, licensing is required or
any additional things I should consider to implement this option. If there is a
white paper called virtualiztion for dummies that you can point me to, that
would also be a great start. Thanks in advance...

Aci

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this
email are those of the author and do not represent those of the Names in the
News company. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no
viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email or attachments.