Check for any port mis match or any rate limiting implemented?

From: David Mazzaccaro [mailto:david.mazzacc...@hudsonhhc.com]
Sent: 30 June 2009 14:18
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Slow network - cause?

I have a site-site VPN network.
My main site connects to 8 remote sites over a frame relay MPLS cloud.
Connection between me and 7 sites is perfect... no problems.
One of my sites however, is experiencing very slow network connectivity.
If I ping the remote router from my workstation, I get 40% - 60% replies with
20-30ms response times (the response times have always been 20-30ms).

If I remote desktop to a PC out there, it is incredibly slow.  Also, they
connect and run all their apps through Citrix, which is also very slow.

I checked bandwidth utilization on the router, and it is only 100-150k out of
512k.
So it seems to me that this may be a local network device that is slowing
everything down?  Could it be?
Are there any other things I should be looking at?
Thanks