From: Phillip Partipilo [...@psnet.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 1:33 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange stuff

I admit I'm an Exchange noob, we've been pop3'ing our mail for awhile and I
have been wanting to implement this for a while.  There have been some
pretty huge pains getting this working on SBS2008, like "do they test this
software before shipping it?" sort of pains.  Rollups needed to import
Outlook PST files, unsupported hotfixes to get a 32-bit machine to connect
to the main server since you cant run import-mailbox on a 64-bit box, oh,
all sorts of fun.  And Exchange updates are treated as separate entities,
even though it is sort-of part of SBS, but it has to be specifically updated
separately.

It's been a fun journey for sure. Anyway. After being up till 4am last night
finally getting everything running on the bench, and it is freakin
impressive - I have 4 1/2 years of Sunbelt NTSysadmin emails imported into a
mailbox and it does a full text search on all 108,000+ emails in 3 seconds,
and that's on a wimpy 1.8 ghz box with a single IDE hard disk, whats the
definitive exchange email list to join?

Phillip Partipilo
Parametric Solutions Inc.
Jupiter, Florida
(561) 747-6107

THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL
AND PROPRIETARY PROPERTY OF THE SENDER. THE INFORMATION IS
INTENDED FOR USE BY THE ADDRESSEE ONLY. ANY OTHER INTERCEPTION,
COPYING, ACCESSING, OR DISCLOSURE OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY
NOTIFY THE SENDER AND DELETE THIS MAIL AND ALL ATTACHMENTS. DO NOT
FORWARD THIS MESSAGE WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE SENDER.