"Rod Trent" <rodtr...@myitforum.com> wrote on 06/24/2009 05:32:13 PM:

> Though it does concern me somewhat that the
> world is ga-ga over a phone whose features aren't quite caught
> up with the rest of the world yet.  It's like rolling out a ball
> point pen and a spiral ring notebook in a world of keyboards.

See, here is the difference between IT and regular users - the iPhone
hit's all the area's of features and ease of use that are important to
users.  That's why the world is "going ga-ga" - you  can actually
accomplish useful work *without having to be an IT geek*.

The features you as an IT manager are concerned about matter not to end
users :)  Apple will add them - but now except for all but the largest or
heavily regulated business, the iPhone with OS 3 is "good enough".  As an
avid Microsoft supporter, the concept of good enough should be more then
familiar to you, Rod.

How many years were Blackberries out before you didn't have to use the
Blackberry desktop manager and could configure them wirelessly?  How soon
we forget...

Eric Eskam
The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any
position of the U.S. Government
"The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a strange
protein; it rejects it."
-  P. B. Medawar