As *the* IT staff for a small college (just me and one other full time
person in charge of distance ed support), I am the perfect example of "jack
of all trades, master of none".  While I'm comfortable with my skill level
in regard to the servers and the workstations, I'm somewhat lost when it
comes to the network itself.  By 'network' I mean terminolgy, properly
configuring the switches, the wireless network, implementing a VLAN, etc.

Therr hasn't been any budget for attending any kind of training in some
time, so I'm looking for suggestions for good books to train myself.
Suggestions?  Please?

Thanks in advance.

--
Organization and good planning are just crutches for people that can't
handle stress and caffeine. - unknown