I run into network/firewall folks that love to turn off ICMP but it
wreaks havoc on GPOs. It is a big step forward having NLA in Vista/2008
and removing the requirement on ICMP for GPO processing.

From: Don Guyer [mailto:don.gu...@prufoxroach.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 8:27 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: MSBA 2.1

We ran into something like this with our a/v management console (which
relies on resolution to work properly). Found out ICMP is blocked by
default in W2k8 in those cases and firewall being on in other cases,
that caused the issue.

Don Guyer

Systems Engineer - Information Services

Prudential, Fox & Roach/Trident Group