It does sync with third party apps via wifi and soon Bluetooth. The phone is
the best phone I ever owned and I have owned them all..

-----Original Message-----
From: Micheal Espinola Jr [mailto:michealespin...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:07 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Palm Pre: The phone for suckers?

Along with the physical build quality issues I have been reading
about, I just found out some interesting details about the Pre:  As a
previous Palm user of various models over the years, I was really
surprised to find out that it doesn't come with an installation CD!
i.e. no HotSync software or Palm Desktop.  Which also means, no direct
syncing with a standalone install of Outlook.  This should go over big
with consumers.

The Pre does however allow you to sync with Google, Facebook, and Exchange.

You can download for free the "Data Transfer Assistant", but it only
provides "a one-time, one-way transfer of Calendar, Contacts, Tasks
and Memos from your computer to your phone."  Or you can go out and
buy Chapura PocketMirror.

Great. thanks Palm.  Or have I missed something very obvious?

--
ME2