Verify these permissions at your profiles$ share:
Everyone - Full control share permissions

NTFS:
creator owner - full control, subfolders and files only
local system - full control, this folder, subfolders, files
whatever user group you create for ts users - list folder/read data, create
folders/append data, this folder only

>>> "Owens, Michael" <michael.ow...@dys.ohio.gov> 7/15/2009 3:02 PM >>>
I think I may of explained my problem incorrectly, now that I look at what I
wrote.

I have the GPO set to create a TS roaming user profile in \\server\profiles$ (
file://\server$ )

Everyone, and authenticated users have access to that share, and the changes
propogate to child objects.

The permissions appear to be correct, because when the user logs on, there is a
folder created called \\server\profiles$\username.domain.v2 (
file://\server$.domain.v2 )

however, when I look at the desktop of the user logged in, he gets an error
saying the profile cannot be created. But, it created the folder!

I look at the rights of the folder that it created on its own, and the local
administator, the user accountm and SYSTEM all have full control to that folder.

As the user, I can navigate out to it and create a file and a folder inside the
profile folder it created for itself.