On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Richard
Stovall<richard.stov...@researchdata.com> wrote:
> What would be more useful is if the Windows command line client spoke
> something other than plain 'ol FTP, but I ask for too much...

  The "Windows command line client" is the BSD FTP client from like 25
years ago.  If you run "strings" on the binary, you'll still find
"Copyright (c) 1983 The Regents of the University of California" in
there.

  OpenSSH has been ported to Windows and works well.  Or curl, as MBS suggests.

-- Ben