Kinda sounds like you don't have the native VLAN setup correctly on your
trunk.  For instance, if your server is part of VLAN 100, your trunk
config would be:

interface fa0/1

 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

 switchport mode trunk

 switchport trunk native vlan 100

Hope this helps!

Aaron T. Rohyans
Senior Network Engineer

CCIE #21945, CCSP, CCNA, CQS-Firewall, CQS-IPS, CQS-VPN, ISSP, CISP,
JNCIA-ER

DPSciences Corporation
7400 N. Shadeland Ave., Suite 245

Indianapolis, IN 46250