From: Troy Meyer [mailto:tme...@uoregon.edu]
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 1:10 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Is there a SharePoint Expert that can help me out? 2.0 - 3.0
PROBLEMS

No kidding!

In defense of Sharepoint though, many times these sites are setup by
consultants or employees that leave with no transfer of administration or
knowledge.  The time you hear about Sharepoint pain is when they then start
looking at upgrading to the next version.  Make that a little harder by
changing a lot of how things function and are managed in the new version and
OUCH OUCH OUCH.

And its not necessarily just that product, any service that is specialized
where lots of people use it but d     t understand the backend could have the
same results.  Imagine if you had never seen an exchange server before and
suddenly you are assigned to upgrade from 5.5 to 2007 (ugh).

Anyway, Brian makes a good point, Premier support IS nice (I do miss TAM SPAM).
 But the fact that standard call back support fixed a fairly complex issue
remotely in ~4 hours leads me to believe those folks have their schnicken
together as well.

-troy