I'm having issues with it having tabs that "hang" rather than opening
any content.

Often times I will then find zombie instances of iexplore.exe.

Hard to recreate with any consistency and both machines on the same
domain. I suspected DNS issues but can't find any problem with DNS using
any tools (or other browsers).

-sc