Windows 2003 SP1 has been retired, so you are not up to the latest
updates, you need to move to Windows 2003 SP2, to be supported and for
the system to be available for further patching. Trust me I know this
the hard way has I upgrade my SP1 systems (thank god I only have a few
left).

BTW: Your colleague is "dead" wrong...

Edward Ziots

Network Engineer

Lifespan Organization

MCSE,MCSA,MCP+I, ME, CCA, Security +, Network +

ezi...@lifespan.org