That shouldn't be a problem. But if you add restrictions (ACL's) to your
network for the remote clients be very careful! ;o)

cw

________________________________

From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:18 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: PC in domain across stable VPN tunnel?

Hey folks:

I have about 15 sites that have 2- 5 users/PCs that have "business
class" broadband (a bit faster than typical home access).  Soon I plan
to provide each site a soho firewall and will have a VPN tunnel from
each site to here at HQ.

I'd love to be able to add these PCs to our domain so I could enforce
our various GPOs at these locations.  Has anyone done this?  I already
have several tunnels like this at other locations but haven't added the
PCs to the domain.

I'm not sure about the cross-tunnel authentication, but if it's not too
slow (no mapped drives or logon scripts), I'd do it.  It would be nice
to have these users log into the domain as well.

Comments, suggestions, words of wisdom?

Tom Miller
Engineer, Information Technology
Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
757-788-0528

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message.