Been using logmein free for about a year with for my mom. No complaints here,
works fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: michael.le...@pha.phila.gov [mailto:michael.le...@pha.phila.gov]
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 3:08 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Recommendations for remote control program for home support?

I'm interested in what the list recommends as a remote control program to
use, to provide support in a home environment (i.e., if I want to connect
to my friend's PC, and see exactly what's going, and so that she can
watch, observe,learn .. and then totally forget, until the next time she
calls me to connect in and fix it ...)

Here at work we like Intel LANDesk, which obviously I can't use. I could
just RDP into her WinXP machine, but then she wouldn't be able to watch (a
pre-requisite). I've used UltraVNC before, and while it works wonderfully,
it's just too slow to do a lot useful.

So what are the recommendations? I can search out a list; I want to know
what you guys do to help out someone remotely. I don't mind paying, but
being frugal while still getting quality is something to shoot for. :-)

LogMeIn Free? the old standby, pcAnywhere? (do they even still make that?)
Something else?

Cable connection speeds, at both ends.

Thanks
--