Give the 'partial-admin' a root folder and share it..full control to them. That
would probably get you there assuming all the shares are inside of that......

From: Jeff Bunting [mailto:bunting.j...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 11:37 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Right to create share on server?

I'd think you'd still need the ability to modify NTFS permissions...
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:32 AM, James Rankin
<kz2...@googlemail.com<mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com>> wrote:
Would granting them permissions on the
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer keys and subkeys allow
this? I am shooting in the dark here but would be interested to know if it
works or not...
2009/8/24 Christopher Bodnar
<christopher_bod...@glic.com<mailto:christopher_bod...@glic.com>>

Windows Server 2003:

We are looking at delegating some administrative tasks. One of these tasks is
creating shares on member servers. Is it possible to delegate this task without
adding the user to the local administrators group?

Thanks,

Chris Bodnar, MCSE
Sr. Systems Engineer
Distributed Systems Service Delivery - Intel Services
Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
Email: christopher_bod...@glic.com<mailto:christopher_bod...@glic.com>
Phone: 610-807-6459
Fax: 610-807-6003

________________________________

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments. Thank you.

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into the
machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly

http://raythestray.blogspot.com