The particular contract I was working on at the time insisted on many
things being done at the point of initial contact (i.e. no transfer of call
allowed) that should really have been passed through to the server teams.
And the second-line guys would have been wasted taking calls. Too many
yes-men in amongst the service delivery teams was what it boiled down to.

Luckily I don't work for that account any more.

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able

http://raythestray.blogspot.com