I would strongly advise against AppManager.  One thing we learned was
that things were _always_ going to be better / fixed in the next
release.  Very powerful product but after our last upgrade they could
never help diagnose why the reporting stuff failed automation and we
constantly had to kick off manual processes to rebuild things until we
gave up.

Use Tivoli TSM for backup.  What a piece of quirky inconsistencies.
End comment.

Currently going with SCOM2007r2.  Just into the implementation phase
so we'll see how it turns out.  So far looks good.  We'll be feeding
information to the HP OpenView implementation used to centralize
things.

Steven