Yup, build yourself a test domain in VMWare, different ip and subnet address
range for it.  Set it up like your domain is in production, snapshot your
servers before doing any migrations or upgrades, then practice all you
want.  Revert back to the snapshot and start all over again.

You will find that there will be many benefits of having a test domain.
Mine was originally setup to practice the migration from Exchange 2003 to
Exchange 2007, so I've got OWA & ActiveSync working, plus other applications
that interact with Exchange, test workstations with users & mailboxes etc.
That's still in progress, but in the midst of all that, we got a couple of
new Cisco ASA boxes, all the configuration & switching over was done to the
test domain first, all the bugs got worked out before we went to production
with it.  The switch was done last weekend during our normal monthly network
maintenance outage, the users never knew it happened.  Smooth as silk.  My
point is that with a test domain, you can use it for more that just what
you're thinking about here, I've got a sharepoint server, new windows 2008
server, isa box etc.  Basically a miniature version of my production domain
that I can test with any time something new comes up that I don't want to
risk blowing up production with

Sherry Abercrombie

Arthur C. Clarke
Sent from Newark, TX, United States