From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 11:32 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: [On-Topic] Patching with PSEXEC

Ah yes. Read threads fully before responding, one must.

GPO would be the way to go then - although I tend to use the Citrix
Application Packager when the fit takes me, although obviously the fact
that I run a Citrix farm kinda helps me out there. You can also do
third-party kit through VMWare Update Manager (Shavlik for VirtualCenter
essentially) and SCCM, but those have all the cost implications we all
know about. Psexec comes in quite handy once you've packaged
applications up to install quietly, if you can - or identified all the
necessary switches. Adobe's customisation tool is quite good for
building customised installers (one of the few things Adobe seems to do
well)