Hi all

I thought of posting this here just in case someone has encountered this
issue before. We have a number of Fujitsu R570 workstations with onboard
RealTek NICs. These are RTL 8168DP/8111DP Family PCI-E GBE type. We've
been having intermittent issues with some of them. Sometimes they
initialise, sometimes they don't. Meaning that when powering up the
workstation and logging into Windows XP we get no network connectivity.
When powering down the workstations and powering them up again after some
time then the issue gets resolved. We also tried forcing the network speed
on our HP switch and the NIC card i.e. we set them to 100 FDx.
We're finding these issues very strange. By any chance does high humidty
affect NICs? We've noted that Fujitsu in the past used to use Broadcom for
their on-board NICs. Now it seems they're using Realtek. I think that
Realtek are inferior in quality.
Would appreciate any comments on this.

Thanks
Pierre