From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 12:47 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Free Utility to Copy Share and NTFS Permissions from One SAN Disk
to Another

Whoa! Someone uses share permissions?

I thought share permissions were just a hangover from the Win9x days
(or when people installed NT4 with FAT32 file system instead of NTFS)
to provide some security for those systems that couldn't do it on a
file level.

I'd use this opportunity to knock the share permissions on the head
and drop them to Everyone:Full Control. They generally end up as the
reason you can't work out why someone can't access a file.

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put
into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am

http://raythestray.blogspot.com