From: Kurt Buff kurt.b...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:05:44 -0700
To: ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
Subject: Re: Restores from Incremental backups

Yes, there is a much easier way.

Do your Full, then don't do Incrementals. Do Differentials instead.

A full Restore from Full/Differentials only requires that you have the
latest Full and latest Differential.

A full Restore from Full/Incrementals requires that you have the
latest Full, plus all of the Incrementals since then.

Differentials are superior in almost every instance. The only
exception is if you have an incredibly dynamic file set.

Kurt

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:47, jesse-r...@wi.rr.com
<jesse-r...@wi.rr.com> wrote:
> Currently my backup plan consists of doing Incrementals Mon-Thu, and a
Full

http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE