Check the header to this email it is passing through the same Appliance to get out of my network.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Scott" <mailvor...@gmail.com>
To: "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: Is this a good SMTP transaction?

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:15 AM, David W. McSpadden <dav...@imcu.com> wrote:
Message 212050 to 3177141...@txt.att.net received remote
SMTP response 'Message received:
20090915111653.udfi13119.atledge02.cingularme....@ironport.imcu.local'.

 I don't know jack about IronPort, but the above looks like it might
be a log entry from your MTA (the IronPort, I guess), indicating that
it got a message from the other MTA (whoever the IronPort was talking
to), saying the message was received.  (That ID fruitcake looks like
an RFC-822 message ID, but it's different than the one reported
earlier.  Perhaps IronPort rewrites message IDs for whatever reason.)
All in all, as a guess, I'd say that's good.

 To be sure, set-up a packet sniffer between the IronPort and the
outside world, and watch SMTP traffic.