I can't ask him til tomorrow but can he F8 into Safe mode with command
prompt? Will rearm work from this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:15 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: upgrading an expired Vista eval

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 9:06 PM,  <asbz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You have to be able to boot into the current OS to perform an in-place
> upgrade. And an expired OS won't cooperate with that plan.

  Can you do a rearm with the eval, the way you can with the "regular"
Vista product activation?

  Maybe try running "slmgr -rearm" (then reboot) on the PC in
question.  All you need to do is get it running long enough to launch
the upgrade installer, right?

-- Ben

intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately via e-mail
if you have received this e-mail by mistake; then, delete this e-mail from your
system.