I wouldnt say it could be "anything".
IIRC, if your equipment is incapable of sending ANI [1] or it isnt properly
communicated outward, then your LEC [2] provides the BTN [3] off the primary
line; which is typically the main business number for the account.
1. Automatic Number Identification
2. Local Exchange Carrier
3. Billing Telephone Number

--