http://www.voidtools.com/

From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:47 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Window 7 64-bit and Indexing PDF files

I've always resorted to console based searching since XP, because it is much
faster and more accurate.

-ASB: http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Ben Scott <mailvor...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Steven M. Caesare
<scaes...@caesare.com> wrote:
> This is on Win7. I'm sure this works on Win2K3/Xp too.

 On the Win XP Pro SP2 box I'm tying this on right now, the built-in
"Search" finds a string in TEST.TXT and TEST.ASP, but not TEST.CSV or
TEST.FOO.  FINDSTR finds all four.

 Apparently, despite the fact that I told "Search" to look for files
matching *.*, Search still only searches some file extensions.
Thanks, Microsoft!

 I'm remember Vista working the same way, but don't feel like firing
up a VM to check.

-- Ben