I used the accepted answer on this page to make some certs including
changing the -eku to "1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.2" to generate a client cert but
still did not work.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/496658/using-makecert-for-development-ssl

At this point I'm thinking mutual ssl is not possible in IIS7 with
self signed cert.

Thanks
--Tigran