From: Steve Burkett [mailto:steve.burk...@stemcor.com]
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 8:11 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OT Antivirus

Thanks for the techy info Richard, wasn't aware of that change in
reporting.  Have got the behemoth 'Windows Internals 5' book by
Russinovich sitting on my desk but have yet to read it!

I had just grabbed the figures for each version from Taskmanager on the
relevant platform:

Kaspersky Antivirus for Windows Workstation : Windows XP Pro SP3

Kaspersky Antivirus for Windows File Servers : Windows Server 2003
Standard SP2

Kaspersky Antivirus for Windows Server Enterprise Edition : Windows
Server 2008 Standard SP1

Looks like Process Explorer can split the Working Set total figure
(which is what Task Manager shows for 'Mem Usage' under XP/2003) out
into:

WS Private (which is what 2008's Task Manager now shows for Memory by
default)

WS Shareable

WS Shared

On another of our 2008 servers I've currently got the following
Kaspersky Antivirus Enterprise Edition related processes according to
2008's Task Manager:

Kavfs.exe                            39MB

Kavfsscs.exe                      2MB

Kavfswp.exe                      159MB

Kavfswp.exe                      145MB

Kavtray.exe                        1MB

KLNagent.exe                   2MB

Ooh yeah!  Nearly 350MB just to run your Server Antivirus client.

Just to state again, this is for Kaspersky's Enterprise Edition version
only, the standard Windows File Server version uses a tenth of that.
It's like they've left loads of debugging code in there or something.
They're up to Cumulative Fix Pack 7 on the Enterprise Edition so it's
not a brand spankin' new product.