I would recommend not using any of the high ASCII (ALT+255) characters (for
your regular user population).  This isn't an MS problem, but a user
problem.  I use high ASCII only on service accounts and other places where I
only have to touch something once in blue moon.  I had a "knowledgeable"
user who insisted on using a high ASCII character or two in their password
and they invariably had problems when changing their password (remembering
the new one, mistyping it, you name it).
High ASCII characters in a password doesn't necessarily make the password
safer, see myth 10 at http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1554.