From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:13 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: XP/VM View/Wyse issue

Actually I have just remembered that the problem I encountered was to do
with cloned machines using sysprep overwriting that Registry value. Red
herring, sorry!

2009/9/23 Craig Gauss <gau...@rhahealthcare.org>

        We are having a very weird issue with our VM View implementation
and not
        really sure who to call at this point.  Trying to see if anyone
has seen
        this or has any ideas.

        We implemented View in several "public" locations on our nursing
floor.
        The users need to log in to the applications they need so we
have these
        all auto logging in.

        On some of the machines when they restart it starts looking like
it is
        logging in.  The Windows login disappears and then it pops back
up
        blank.  Im not sure if this is a Wyse issue, Windows issue or VM
issue.
        Some times there is an error in the event log, other times there
is
        nothing.

        I have even gone as far as putting the autologon in the registry
on a
        couple and that didnt seem to do anything either.

        Any ideas?

        Craig Gauss,  Technical Supervisor/Security Officer
        Riverview Hospital Association

        ~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog!
~

"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put
into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am
not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could
provoke such a question."

http://raythestray.blogspot.com