Has anyone ever heard of a backup server system that works in two or more
locations where the backup server in location 1 will back up all the systems
there (desktops and servers) and the backup server in location 2 will do the
same for its location. The two servers should also back each other up, so if
one office burns down, we'll have an off-site backup elsewhere.

Right now desktops are primarily Windows XP, with a few *nix boxen, servers are
a mix of *nix and Windows, so I don't think Microsoft makes a solution that
will work.

For legal reasons we don't want to use a third party like Mozy, Carbonite, or
Amazon S3; since we have multiple locations, why not use them for our offsite
backups?

Total number of workstations is 25-30 in primary office, 10 in satellite
offices; when we're done, we will probably have 1 Windows or SAMBA file-and-
print server in each satellite office plus several in primary office. Not sure
if we're going with Exchange Server for our mail server or something FLOSS.

Please don't suggest BackupPC, although it would work perfectly for an in-house
solution, its reliance on hard links means it's not feasible to use rsync to
mirror it to an offsite location.